This Wonderful White is one of my favorite scents
Completely obsessed with this Red Current candle container. It will last me forever!
I have always been obsessed with scents. Perfume and candles are my two favorite gifts to receive and to give. Fragrance is so nostalgic to me, and I connect many memories with smells. The smell of pink lemonade chapstick instantly transports me back to 8th grade walking the halls of my middle school and passing notes in class. Tiffany’s perfume is what I wore on my wedding day, and it reminds me of my reception. Old pages of books remind me of learning to read at the library with my mom, and the smell of Big Red gum reminds me of driving in the car with my dad to school in the mornings.
I have such a strong connection to scents, and I have always been really particular with what scents I spray or candles I have burning in my home. I have always been partial to floral scents, and I mentally connect a light pretty scent from a candle burning to a clean and organized home. That’s why one of the first things I do to get motivated to clean my house when it is cluttered and messy is light a candle. Votivo candles have been my go-to candle lately. They are such high quality! I can set a candle on my fireplace mantle and my whole living room smells amazing without even lighting it. And unlike some candles I have that burn really quickly, these ones last so long. All of the candle scents are rich and so fragrant.
I got to test some of the top Votivo candles and reed diffuser scents, and here are my top 5 favorite scents:
- Rush of Rose: I’m not surprised the rose scent is my favorite. Some rose scents can be too strong and smell like an old lady to me, but this one is perfect. It’s my favorite rose scented candle I have ever had. It’s a fresh, light rose scent, but still so fragrant. It makes my house smell like a fresh rose bouquet in just a few minutes, and it reminds me of the rose garden our next door neighbor had in his front yard. I would always stop and smell all the different colors of roses he had when we went on walks.
- Wonderful White: I was surprised how much I loved this scent! It’s very clean and elegant, and it’s always the scent I light while I clean. It reminds me of clean white lilies on Easter, and it is so perfectly named.
- Red Current: These scented candles come in the most amazing gold containers (I have this one and I’m obsessed. It is huge!). I was drawn to them initially because of the containers, but the scent is so good. It has a deeper musk to it. I love musk scents because I feel like they smell better the longer the scent lingers, and that is the case with these candles. It is slightly earthy, but in a feminine way (I’m not usually drawn to earthy scents, but I love this one).
- White Ocean Sands: I can’t wait to burn this candle every day in the summer. I’m not a huge fan of beachy scented candles when they smell too strongly of coconut or pina colada, but this scent is a little more sophisticated. It definitely reminds me of a summer day at the beach, with a faint hint of rose essence.
- Pucker Up Pink: This scent is a touch of fruity strawberry, but it still has floral gardenia undertones. It is light and clean, and perfect for spring.
With today being National Fragrance Day, I have partnered with Votivo, one of my favorite candle brands, to give TWO lucky winners a Votivo Fragrance Package (values at $75).
- Leave one comment on this blog post letting me know what your favorite scent is, and your email address. Are you a floral girl like me? Do you love citrus scents? Woodsy? Fruity? I want to know!
(Please leave one comment per entry and I will select 2 winners and announce them on this post on Friday.)
*winners can pick up to 3 fragrances and the contest is open to US residents only.
ALSO: Today only use the exclusive code VTFRAGRANCEDAY17 for 15% off of your entire purchase from votivo.com. These candles would make a great Easter or Mothers Day gift!
SHOP MY LOOK: